Associate since 2022
Alfonso has experience in the areas of Industrial Property, Copyright, Personal Data Protection, Domain Name Disputes and Anti-Piracy.
His practice focuses on trademark, copyright, privacy and personal data, intellectual property litigation, anti-piracy criminal proceedings, Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings and constitutional litigation.
He has been involved in complex trademark and copyright litigation on behalf of major telecommunication companies worldwide as well as major pharmaceutical companies nationwide.
His expertise includes the administration and maintenance of trademark portfolios in Mexico and worldwide as well as the organization and execution of campaigns of anti-piracy, trademark counterfeiting and seizure of counterfeit products.
Alfonso was Mexico's representative in the Jean Pictet Competition of International Law in Obernai, France, and has been a speaker and participant in a number of seminars and conferences on intellectual property in Mexico, Bolivia, the United States of America and France.
He has been assistant professor in the subjects "State Theory", "Private International Law" and "Public International Law" at the Faculty of Law, UNAM, as well as assistant professor in the subject "Contemporary Problems of International Law" in the Doctorate Program of the Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas.
- Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2020.
- International Exchange in International Law, Institut D' Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), 2019.
- Oral Adversarial Skill-Building Immersion Seminar, University of San Diego, 2016.
- Law Clerk, Jáuregui & Del Valle, S.C., 2017-2019.
- Research Assistant, Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, UNAM, 2020-2021.
- Law Clerk, Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes, S.C., 2021-2022.